Healthy Start Heading link
Healthy Start is part of a national effort to improve birth outcomes, reduce infant mortality (death of a baby before age 1, maternal mortality and improve the health and wellness of families, mind, body and spirit! The program’s goal is to help, support, serve and improve the health of women, men and families living in Englewood, South Shore and Auburn Gresham.
The UIC Healthy Start program offers:
- One-on-one support for you and your family
- Linkage to quality health care providers
- Emergency infant/baby supplies
- Doula (birthing support) for new moms
- Breastfeeding support
- Behavior health support for those difficult times
- Health education and support
- Fatherhood program
- Referral and advocacy support for employment readiness, school entry, and moral support services, etc. A supportive Male Involvement Coordinator will help you develop a plan to reach your goals such as returning to school, getting back to work or other family life concerns.
We are here to help! We are here for you! Just one phone call can change your life! Our services and free!
This project/publication/program/website [is/was] supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $1,120,000 with 20 percent financed with nongovernmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government.
For more information, please call: 312-996-4656.