Welcome to UIC OCEAN-HP CHW CONNECT
Please join us as we push forward with the national agenda to establish Community Health Workers (CHW) as a viable and sustainable workforce throughout the country. UIC OCEAN-HP contribution to this effort is the implementation of the UIC OCEAN-HP CHW training and technical assistance center, CHW CONNECT.
CHW CONNECT offers opportunities for networking, collaboration, and training. Further, this center houses resources for CHWs and CHW stakeholders, managers, and supervisors. In addition, CHW CONNECT provides training for CHW supervisor/managers and technical assistance for those interested in implementing a program that utilizes CHW as a part of their workforce. Unique to CHW CONNECT is a database for all CHWs who have registered with us. Information about our webinars and training as well as job opportunities will be shared regularly to all registered individuals. CHW CONNECT supports the CHW motto of “Nothing About Us, Without Us” and therefore CHW’s are included in the planning and services offered through CHW CONNECT.
If you are interested in learning more about CHW CONNECT, please contact Ava Salonis, CHW CONNECT Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Angela Ellison, MS, Ed
Office of Community Engagement and Neighborhood Health Partnerships
Target Audience Heading link
- Community Health Workers/Patient Navigators/Peer Counselors etc.
- CHW Supervisors/Managers
- CHW Stakeholders
- CHW employers or payers
- Anyone interested in CHWs
- Networking – talk to your peers – access to the CHW database / job bank
- Stay informed – what’s happening in the field of CHWs
- Training opportunities, classes, skill building for community health workers
Registration is Free to University of Illinois (all campuses) CHWs, Supervisors and Managers and Administrative staff! Indeed, registration is free to all.
Target Audience Heading link
- Provides culturally appropriate health education and information
- Health topic webinars and training
- Introduction to Community Health Workers Course – 8-week sessions (This course will be accepted by South Suburban College towards their CHW certification program)
- Leadership trainings
- Access to the CHW database / job bank
- * Technical Assistance and support to help you develop documentation, reporting and data infrastructure to support your team’s operational success
- *Technical Assistance with grant proposal preparation:
- Development of CHW models
- * Technical Assistance with integration of CHWs into current departmental models
- * Technical Assistance – Supervisory support/training for supervisors and managers of CHWs*
- * Technical Assistance with guidance on recruitment and/or hiring of CHWs
- * CHW CONNECT will also work with organizations and programs to design a program specific CHW training program. These sessions will be tailored specifically to the organization’s needs regarding topics, times, and dates.
*Technical Assistance and Program Specific Training Modules may include service fees. We will work with organizations/programs based on your budget and resources. Please contact Ava Salonis to discuss.
- CHW database / Job bank
- Pre-recorded webinars
- Educational Fact Sheets
- Quarterly Newsletter
- CHW Partner Links