The Featured Researcher program identifies a UIC or UIC affiliated researcher who has completed his/her research and is ready to disseminate results and recommendations beyond the research community to those who will most benefit from the research. HCC staff members assist researchers in preparing a one-page, layperson summary of the research design, results and implications. The goal is to produce a document that translates complex research language and recommendations into a community friendly version that is suitable for distribution through mailings, electronic medium, social networks and community gatherings. The work of the Featured Researcher is promoted for one month through meetings and education events sponsored by the Office of Community Engagement and Neighborhood Health Partnerships (OCEAN-HP).
As our featured researcher, we will
- Showcase your work for one month featuring you on the HCC website.
- Disseminate your work through the HCC and Office UIC Office of Community Engagement & Neighborhood Health Partnerships (OCEAN-HP) newsfeed.
- Disseminate your summary to our community partners which include community-based organizations, churches, and public officials.
- Post a link to your summary on the OCEAN-HP Facebook page.
- Distribute summary at every community meeting we participate in for one month.
How to submit your research
- Contact Sabrina Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org to request to be a Featured Researcher.
- Review the following sample summaries and create a similar single page summary of your work.
- Email Sabrina Nelson your one page summary. You can send a more detailed summary of your research separately, which can be uploaded onto our website as a separate link. The summary should clearly explain the purpose of the research, list findings and results, and provide a meaningful conclusion in LAY TERMINOLOGY.
Please include the following in your submission:
- Profile picture
- Biography which includes your name and credentials
You may use our downloadable one page summary temple to help you get started. If it is difficult to get your content to fit one page, we can adjust the formatting.
What happens after your summary has been submitted?
Once your summary has been received, it will be proofed and reviewed. You will receive the final copy for your approval and we will notify you once this is completed.
If you have any questions about the Featured Researcher initiative of the Healthy City Collaborative, please email Cynthia (Cee) Boyd at email@example.com. If you are willing to share your findings with the public or would like additional information, please feel free to contact Sabrina Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your willingness to share your research.